Monday, March 3, 2008

When I got to the Sim's house today Tim was having devotions with the girls before he left to go to Chiang Mai for the week. I guess they wanted one more time with him. He usually has them with them before they go to sleep each night. In those times he's also helped them memorize scriptures including all of the Proverbs 31 woman. I saw they had given him their scarf, so I took the picture to be ornery. It's always sweet to watch how this awesome man loves and cares for each of the needs of his family. You'd never know he used to be a dead head drug addict who came from a broken home where his mother deserted his father, brother and him. You'd never know he didn't have a warm caring father. The work God has done in his life is incredible. Before he left for five days he made sure there was gas in the car, food in the house already prepared for them, and that the bills were paid or at least wouldn't need to be paid and left an envelope of money for them to meet their needs. He must have hugged them all a dozen times. Jahnet is an equally wonderful woman, but I'll go on about her another time. As you can tell I'm impressed with these people. Knowing their backgrounds also makes me impressed with what God can do with a life yielded to Him. Wow! I think this is the most I've ever written on my blog at once.

2 comments:

McMom said...

That is Awesime Christine!!

Unknown said...

I'm glad that you have the opportunity to know these people. Parenting takes skill, but most of all it takes a true love and a completely unselfish nature. The most technically skilled 'parent' is a failure if that genuine love and warmth aren't there.

Any man or woman worth their salt will love and care for their children. The rest don't deserve what they have been given. (in my opinion)